Recipe Servings: 2
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
Minestrone is a rich Italian soup made with vegetables, pasta or rice and herbs. This version also uses bacon.
Ingredients Of Minestrone Soup With Bacon
- 3 rashers bacon – cut into 3/4″ cubes
- 4 Tbsp oil
- 2 onions
- 2 carrots
- 1 small potato
- 3 Tbsp celery sticks
- 2 leeks
- 250 gm tomatoes
- 100 gm green beans
- 2 Tbsp tomato puree
- 1 Tbsp dried basil/oregano/marjoram
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 litre chicken stock
- Salt & pepper
- 25 gm small pasta
- 1 bay leaf garnish parmesan / dry grated cheese
- French bread
How to Make Minestrone Soup with Bacon
- 1.Fry the bacon.
- 2.Add remaining vegetables apart from tomatoes.
- 3.Sweat without coloring for 5 minutes.
- 4.Add the tomatoes and remaining ingredients apart from pasta and parsley.
- 5.Season well and simmer for 30-40 minutes or till vegetables are tender.
- 6.Ten minutes before the end of cooking, stir in the pasta and allow it to cook in the soup.
- 7.Before serving add the parsley.
- 8.Sprinkle the cheese.